Meet John Gallis
Award-winning Furniture Craftsman and Owner of Norseman Designs West.
John works with each client individually to ensure the highest quality product.
Rather than trying to bend the wood to his will, Gallis lets nature be his guideTATE GUNNERSON – Mountain Living Magazine
Our furniture is made custom just for you. We incorporate Molesworth style furniture making techniques. As a result, we have developed a unique style that is functional, elegant, and rustic. Call us today to discuss your project!
What is Molesworth style furniture?
- Thomas Molesworth was the pioneer of Western Design from 1890 to 1977.
- His shop was located in Cody Wyoming and was called the Shoshone Furniture Company.
- In the peak of his work in the 1930s and 1940s his commissions included large Dude ranches, the Plains Hotel in Cheyenne, Abercrombie and Fitch, the Annenberg’s, and President Eisenhower.
- Molesworth’ artist eye and timeliness created a legacy which is often imitated.
- In June 1995 Christies the Auction house sold the entire Ranch A collection with items selling more than 50 times the expected price.
- Read more about Thomas Molesworth at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West and By Western Hands.
Experience the Luxury of Custom Furniture
Our History with Molesworth style furniture
We have been building furniture for over 48 years. For the past 26 years we have specialized Molesworth style and other custom Western furniture.
Before moving to Cody, John Gallis was Bloomingdales chief high end cabinetmaker for over 14 years. We have built Molesworth reproduction work for many sales companies and designers while perfecting our unique style changes and incorporating the use of walnut and juniper accents.
The furniture portfolios presented on this site feature a sampling of the custom rustic and Molesworth style we have made for clients in the past. The selected pieces illustrate the skill and creativity honed over many years. However, don’t feel limited by the designs we’ve already created. Although similar pieces can be made for you, custom pieces can also be fashioned to celebrate your unique sense of rustic western style.
John will work with you to formalize any design, including those as simple as a sketch on the back of a napkin. The portfolio pages are updated frequently, so please remember to refresh the pages in your Web browser for the latest additions.
Don’t feel limited by the designs we’ve already created. Although similar pieces can be made for you, custom pieces can also be fashioned to celebrate your unique sense of rustic western style.